Friday, April 23, 2021

I Bought a Boat! April 2021

Stardate 03050.00 

T: April 23, 2021

I bought a boat! After thinking about it for a lifetime and looking online for a year and visiting about a dozen, I am now the proud owner of a 1975 Sabre 28' Mark 1 sailboat (hull Number 183). More about the hull number later.🙄

I had put down a deposit on a mooring near my apartment, but the longer I thought about it, and the hassle of getting to and from the boat, made me look around for a slip. I found one in a new, sheltered marina about 10 minutes from my apartment and 10 minutes from work. I plunked down a deposit, and she is mine as well!

Now I just have to fix a hole in the hull where an old sensor was removed, polish and wax the hull, paint the bottom with anti-fouling paint, register it.

And, um, put it in the water to see if if floats. 

Don't judge me. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Sailing with Harry June 19, 2021